Any Stylista worth her Louboutins could write a thesis on how much she loved The Devil Wears Prada. And what’s not to love? Lauren Weisberger won our hearts with the book, and just when we thought it couldn’t get any better, it did. The movie went on to become one of the cult fashion films of our time with a stellar cast, guest appearances by our favourite designers and zingers we’ve been quoting since 2006.
Which is why the novel sequel, ‘Revenge Wears Prada’ skyrockets to the top of our summer beach read list. Word on the street is that Miranda and Ahn-dreah return, ten years later, for a final face-off.
Join us as we ready ourselves for phase two by taking a walk through the Runway office and recapturing the moments that warmed out hearts and sent chills down our spines.
- “By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me.”
- “Is there some reason my coffee isn’t here? Has she died or something?”
- “Don’t be ridiculous. Everybody wants to be us.”
- “Florals? For spring. Groundbreaking.”
- “Details of your incompetence do not interest me.”
- “She’s not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous or suicidal.”
- “Can you please spell Gabbana?”
- “You’re not désolé at all.”
- “I never understood why everyone was so crazy about Paris.”
- “What makes you think I’m not interested in fashion?”
- “Human resources sure has a sense of humor.”
- “I don’t eat anything, and when I feel like I’m about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese.”
- “Do you have some hideous skirt convention you need to go to?”
- “You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choo’s.”
- “I’m only one stomach flu away from reaching my goal weight.”
- “I refuse to be sick. I’m wearing Valentino, for crying out loud.”
- “You’re in desperate need of Chanel.”
- “Cellulite is one of the main ingredients of corn chowder.”
- “Don’t make me feed you to one of the models.”
- “Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke. Means it’s time for a promotion.”
- “There’s only been one smile on record and that was Tom Ford in 2001.”
If you love the high fashion world of Runway, you’ll love Stylista. Get your fix of the hottest trends, biggest designers and most fabulous clothes when we launch.