Designer, Stylista and jet-setter, Nishka Lulla shares the packing tips and go-to goodies she stows away in her suitcase to enjoy guilt-free vacation glamour. Here’s how to pack light so you can shop heavy when you travel:
1. Packing light sounds easier than it is, but maximize your vacation shopping by making sure your bags are near empty at the start of your trip.
2. Pack smart by making a list of key separates that can be easily mixed and matched, but look great on their own, too. I try and stick to one colour scheme so co-ordinating outfits around it is a breeze.
3. My absolute necessities are basic tees in striking colours, shorts and a good pair of skinny jeans. I also adore denim shirts to layer with for a boho vibe.
4. A lightweight blazer is your best travel companion. Throw it on to keep warm on a long flight or take an outfit from casual to glam in a snap.
5. I try to work my outfits from day to night by adding or subtracting a layer, then indulging in some easy accessory play. Bracelets,gypsy-esque earrings and quirky rings put the ‘personal’ back in personal style.
6. A little sundress or a breezy maxi are both great all-occasion no-brainers than transition smoothly from sunny days at the beach to dinner with family and friends.
7. Glam swimwear is always a bonus, so go ahead and throw in two! A sarong that doubles up as a scarf, bright flip flops and oversized sunglasses are never a waste of space, either.
8. The season’s bralets and crop tops are not only a major summer trend, but a versatile option to wear at the beach or with a high waisted skirt and blazer while out shopping.
9. Think of rucksacks and sling bags as your home away from home. Whether you’re set for a day of beach-bumming or sightseeing, a bright bag that holds everything but the kitchen sink is a great way to tote around your belongings.
10. I make it a point to never forget my little pink camera to capture all my favourite holiday memories!
Oh, and last but not least, style yourself well everyday. It makes wonderful pictures and you never know who you may meet
Nishka Lulla’s collection for Stylista will be available as soon as we launch. Sign up here to know when we do: http://www.stylista.com/