Often called the Master of Resortwear, veteran designer Wendell Rodricks is a force to be reckoned with in the fashion industry in India. From showcasing his beautifully fluid garments on runways across the world to dressing our favourite celebrities, he’s done it all. Here are some fun facts about the designer who put his hometown Goa on the fashion map:
- He started his career not in fashion, but in hotel management, before making the big switch!
- He is the author of two books: Moda Goa – History And Style, which documents Goa’s clothing traditions, and The Green Room, a memoir of his life in fashion
- He gave India minimalism, resort wear and eco-friendly fashion long before the words became part of our popular fashion lexicon
- His creations have been worn by stalwarts in politics, literature and cinema, including Sonia Gandhi, Michelle Obama and Angelina Jolie
- He designed the official uniforms for the Goa police force in the 1990s
- He is the only designer invited thrice to showcase his collection as the finale designer at Lakme Fashion Week
- He designed a collection with Braille embroidery so that the visually challenged could read the colour
- He was part of the committee that planned the first ever fashion week in India
And now he’s bringing his expertise to Stylista! If you want one of his beautiful creations occupying pride of place in your closet at truly guilt-free prices, look no further. The Wendell Rodricks For Stylista collection is finally here, so get online and stock up now!